The price of silver rebounded in 1993, and without rebounded the popularity of the bullion version of the Silver American Eagle. On the other hand, the Proof Silver American Eagle continued to struggle to find traction with collectors. Today, the 1993-P Proof Silver American Eagle coin is available on Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Just 485 coins had this finish and certification from 1993!
- Eighth striking of the Proof Silver American Eagle coin!
- Ships to you in a protective plastic slab courtesy of the NGC.
- Consists of one troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States government.
- Bears a grade of PF70 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Available with a UCAM finish.
- First-ever “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
- Walking Liberty on the obverse.
- US heraldic eagle on the reverse.
For the first time in the history of the Silver American Eagle coin program, one version of the coin was not struck at the San Francisco Mint. The US Mint shifted production of the proof version of the Silver Eagle to the Philadelphia Mint in 1993, where it would remain until 2000.
Production of the Proof Silver American Eagle in 1993 continued on its declining path that started in 1991, and would continue for one more year until bottoming out in 1994. With just 405,913 1993-P Proof Silver American Eagle coins struck, this qualifies as the second lowest mintage in program history.
This occurred in spite of the rebound in silver prices. After an all-time low during the Silver Eagle’s release history, the price of silver averaged $4.31 throughout the year. Silver traded as high as $4.57 per ounce in 1993.
A selection of 1993-P Proof Silver American Eagle coins were made available for purchase in a commemorative Philadelphia Set. To commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Philadelphia Mint’s first striking of US coins, the US Mint released a set that included each of the fractional-weight Proof Gold American Eagle coins, a Proof Silver American Eagle, and a 90% silver US Mint Bicentennial medal.
Each 1993-P Proof Silver American Eagle coin available to you today has a PF70 grade from the NGC. Coins such as these have full, original luster and lack detracting flaws. UCAM coins boast contrasting strong, frosted finishes on the design and a deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
If you have any questions, we encourage you to contact Silver.com. You can reach us at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.