The Gold American Eagle coin is the official gold bullion coin of the United States, and is one of the world’s most popular gold products today. The coins are available today in a total of three different versions and four weights. Right now, Silver.com offers the 2013-W 1 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coin in perfect condition.
- There are just 1,328 coins available in this grade and condition!
- 27th release of the Gold American Eagle Proof coin!
- Arrives in a protective plastic slab.
- Consists of One Troy ounce of 22-karat gold.
- Bears a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Features an Ultra-cameo designation.
- Obverse bears the image of Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- Reverse includes the image of a family of bald eagles.
- Includes a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
Each of the 2013-W 1 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coins in this product listing have a perfect grade of PF70 from the NGC. Coins in this condition exhibit full, original mint luster and feature no detracting flaws of any kind.
An Ultra-cameo proof coin has a truly stunning finish. UCAM coins are identifiable by the stark contrast between the design set and the background field. The designs feature a strong, frosted finish against the background field’s deeply-mirrored, clear finish. This gives the design the visualization of floating above the coin’s surface.
Proof Gold American Eagle coins always feature the image of Liberty on the obverse face. Designed originally in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, this depiction of Liberty walking confidently forward from the nation’s capital of Washington DC is considered the most beautiful design in the history of American coinage.
The reverse of the 2013-W 1 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coin in this listing also features Miley Busiek’s design of the bald eagle. Created specifically for the Gold American Eagle coins, it features a male eagle flying over the family nest as a female stands guard vigilantly over a group of hatchlings.
Each of these Proof Gold American Eagle coins are struck by the United States Mint at the West Point Mint facility in New York, the youngest of the minting facilities in the US Mint system.
If you have any questions about these coins, please feel free to reach out to Silver.com. You can contact us on the phone at 888-989-7223, connect with us online using our live web chat, or send us an email with your inquiries. If you are interested in similar products, please be sure to check out our full selection of Graded Proof Gold American Eagle Coins.