For the collector seeking a truly unique, brilliantly finished coin, the Burnished Silver American Eagle is the one product you need in your collection. Struck following exacting specifications and handled with the utmost of care, the burnished version of the nation’s official coin is a must-have in any collection. Right now, the 2013-W 1 oz Burnished Silver American Eagle is available in perfect condition on Silver.com.
- There are 12,695 coins available in this condition!
- Sixth striking of the Burnished Silver American Eagle!
- Arrives in a protective plastic slab.
- Consists of one troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a grade of MS70 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Adolph A. Weinman’s Walking Liberty design on the obverse.
- John Mercanti’s heraldic eagle of the reverse.
- West Point Mint’s “W” mint mark.
The burnished Silver American Eagle spent more time on the sidelines during the Great Recession than the standard proof version of the coin. While neither was available during the height of the recession in 2009, the burnished coin was also held out of production during 2010 as well.
Following resumption of production in 2011, the coins were not struck with the same mintage levels as much of the demand in the Silver American Eagle series came from the bullion version of the coin. Mintage dropped nearly 130,000 coins in the burnished series from 2008’s release to the coin’s return in 2011.
The 2013 Burnished Silver American Eagle saw one of the lowest mintages in the program’s brief history, with a total of 165,000 coins produced and sold by the United States Mint.
Each 2013-W 1 oz Burnished Silver American Eagle in this Silver.com listing earned the NGC’s highest grade of MS70. Coins in this condition exhibit full, original mint luster and lack detracting flaws on the surfaces.
On the obverse is Adolph A. Weinman’s Walking Liberty, while the reverse features the heraldic eagle of the United States. The latter image was refined by former-Chief Engraver of the United States Mint, John Mercanti, specifically for the Silver American Eagle.
Please direct your questions to a Silver.com associate. You can contact us on the phone at 888-989-7223, connect with us online using our live web chat, or send us your inquiries via email.