America became a coast-to-coast nation following decades of expansion. What began as a cluster of colonies along the eastern seaboard, eventually became a nation that stretched from sea to shining sea. The American the Beautiful silver coin program from the United States Mint celebrates monumental events, places, and people from American history. Now, you can purchase a 2015 5 oz. Homestead ATB Silver Coin from Silver.com with an MS69 grade from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Just 254 coins exist in this grade and condition from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation!
- First release of 2015, and 26th overall in the America the Beautiful Series.
- Arrives in a protective plastic slab to ensure its near-perfect condition.
- Consists of five troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $.25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Earned a near-perfect Mint State 69 grade from the NGC.
- Features a Deeply-mirrored, proof-like finish.
- Part of the Early Release Series.
- Honors the state of Nebraska in the ATB Silver Coin series.
- Remembers Homestead Act of 1862 and Homestead National Monument of America.
Each of the 5 oz. Homestead Silver coins in this product listing received an MS69 grade from the NGC, indicating that each maintains its full, original luster and has no more than two blemishes, contact marks, or minor detracting flaws. Although these coins are not proof products, the NGC has labeled them DPL (or Deep Proof Like), indicating a degree of reflectivity evident in the coin’s field. Additionally, these coins come from the US Mint’s Early Release program, indicating they were received by NGC during the first 30 days of release.
In an effort to further encourage the westward expansion of the United States, President Abraham Lincoln signed off on the Homestead Act. The act allowed Americans to claim lands in the west to drive national growth. Homestead, Nebraska is the location of the first plot of land claimed under the act, and today serves as a national park honoring the nation’s growth.
On the reverse side of the coin is the image of a solitary home on the frontier. Symbolizing everything mankind needs for survival, the image includes a home, water pump in the middle ground, and wheat in the foreground. Engravings include “Homestead,” “Nebraska,” and the year of minting.
The obverse side of each coin bears the same imagery used on all quarter-dollar coins from the US Mint. President George Washington’s left-profile image is included in the middle, along with the coin’s face value of $.25.
The United States Mint strikes all America the Beautiful coins using .999 fine silver. Unlike most other US Mint products, these coins do not include a mint mark indicating which of the US Mint facilities was responsible for production.
If you have any questions about the America the Beautiful coins or this specific product, feel free to contact a Silver.com associate. Our team members are available at 888-989-7223, online using our live web chat, and via email.