Silver Canadian Bison coins from the Royal Canadian Mint are one-of-a-kind products. An all-new annual series released for the first time in 2015, what makes these coins unique is the weight the mint selected for the coins. Each coin weighs a distinct 1 ¼ oz. Now available on Silver.com, the 2016 1/25 oz $8 Silver Canadian Bison is yours in a Monster Box containing 400 coins in total.
- These coins ship to you in a mint-sealed Monster Box courtesy of the Royal Canadian Mint.
- Second annual striking of the Silver Canadian Bison coin.
- Consists of one and one-quarter troy ounce of .9999 fine silver.
- Face value of $8 (CAD) is fully backed by the government of Canada.
- Bears a design from Vanessa Miller.
- Features the North American Bison on the reverse.
- Each coin is in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- Click here to see the official RCM sales sheet.
Silver.com has the Silver Canadian Bison available for purchase today in a Monster Box from the Royal Canadian Mint. Your purchase includes a total of 400 coins inside the box, with individual coins packaged in groups of 20 inside RCM sealed tubes.
Each of the coins in your Monster Box purchase today is in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. BU coins are characterized by a lack of wear and tear on the surfaces, but may also feature breaks in the luster, spotted surfaces, or contact marks from striking.
Introduced in 2015, the Silver Canadian Bison is one of the newest silver bullion programs from the RCM. This year’s design is all new, and was created by Canadian artist Vanessa Miller. The Silver Canadian Bison coins will feature a new design set each year during the program’s existence.
On the reverse is the image of a shaggy-bearded bison, with a blunt nose and upturned horns. The massive beast is depicted along the edge of a body of water in search of a refreshing drink. Engravings include the nation of issue, purity, metal content, and weight of the coin.
The obverse bears Susanna Blunt’s 2003 depiction of Queen Elizabeth II in right-profile relief. All Silver Canadian Bison coins include new micro-laser engraved security features, such as the radial lines and a maple leaf privy with the year of issue.
If you have questions, please contact Silver.com at 888-989-7223. Our associates are conveniently available online as well using live chat and email features.