The final release in the Royal Canadian Mint’s half-kilogram weight Call of the Wild series coins are here, and the Roaring Grizzly bear has never looked more imposing. The RCM is well known for its wildlife-themed coins, the Call of the Wild is just the latest entry in the mint’s popular bullion coins with North American species as the centerpiece. Today the 2016 500 Gram Silver Canadian Roaring Grizzly Coin is available on Silver.com for purchase.
- Extremely low mintage of just 600 coins in total for global distribution!
- Third, and final, release of the half-kilogram Call of the Wild silver coins.
- Ships in a wooden commemorative box for beautiful display.
- Consists of 500 Grams, or 16.075 troy ounces, of .9999 pure silver.
- Face value of $125 (CAD) is fully backed by the government of Canada.
- Designed by Pierre Leduc. Reverse features the Roaring Grizzly.
- Obverse includes the right-profile portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Struck in stunning proof finish.
Call of the Wild coins have featured the images of some of Canada’s most famous predators, each one captured as it lets out its infamous roar. In the case of the 1 oz. version of all coins, radiating lines are featured in the design to mimic the sound waves of the animals roar as it goes out across the Canadian wilderness.
On these brilliant 2016 500 Gram Silver Canadian Roaring Grizzly coins, the radiating lines have been replaced with a background image that depicts the wilderness environment the average grizzly bear might call home.
The obverse of the coin features the image of Queen Elizabeth II in right-profile relief. This image was designed in 2003 by Canadian artist Susanna Blunt, and features on all commemorative and circulation Canadian coinage.
On the reverse is Canadian artist Pierre Leduc’s Roaring Grizzly design. The creator of all the Call of the Wild designs, Leduc’s imagery on this coin includes a rugged terrain outcrop in the background, featuring mountainous terrain, pine forests, and a rambling creek.
The Royal Canadian Mint was founded in 1908 as an arm of the Royal Mint in Canada. Today it is the sovereign mint of Canada, and operates facilities in Ottawa and Winnipeg.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Our Silver.com team is available on the phone at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via email.