The bald eagle is one of North America’s most majestic bird species. Massive and powerful, the bird was chosen by America’s Founding Fathers as a symbol of longevity, power, and majesty. The bird’s natural range covers the whole of the United States, and stretches from northern states of Mexico up into the Canadian wilderness as well. Right now, the 2017 1 oz Silver Canadian Bald Eagle Reverse Proof Coin is available to purchase online at Silver.com with perfect certification from the NGC.
- Ships to you in a protective plastic slab courtesy of the NGC.
- Third release in the Birds of Prey reverse proof series!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Struck in brilliant reverse proof!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $5 (CAD) backed by the federal government of Canada.
- Issued a grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Early Release specimens!
- Features the image of a bald eagle in flight on the reverse.
- Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse.
- Inspired by the Birds of Prey Series.
- Designed by Emily Damstra.
The 2017 Silver Canadian Bald Eagle coins in this listing have a perfect certification from the NGC. Coins with a PF70 grade exhibit full, original mint luster and lack all detracting flaws on the surface areas.
In order to qualify as an Early Release coin, these Silver Bald Eagles must arrive at the NGC for certification within a set timeframe. To qualify, coins must arrive for certification within the first 30 days of the release date the Royal Mint sets for the coins.
As a reverse proof, these specimens have a finish that is opposite the standard proof. On these coins you’ll find the mirrored finish on the design sets on both sides, while the background field boasts a strong, frosted finish.
The obverse face of these Royal Canadian Mint silver coins bears the image of Queen Elizabeth II in right-profile relief. This current image has been in use since 2003 on Canadian coins and was designed by Susanna Blunt.
On the reverse of the 2017 1 oz Silver Canadian Bald Eagle Reverse Proof Coin you’ll find the image of the bald eagle. The bald eagle is an opportunistic feeder that lives primarily on fish captured by swooping down and snatching them from the water.
The Royal Canadian Mint is the official sovereign mint of Canada. Founded in 1908 in the federal capital of Ottawa, the mint was designed to give Canada sovereign control over its coinage. Facing capacity shortfalls, a Winnipeg facility was opened in the 1980s.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Silver.com associates are available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address. You can also visit our website at any time to check spot silver prices.