Gold Chinese Pandas are part of the impressive Chinese Panda bullion collection from the Chinese Mint. Each year the mint issues these coins with five weights in gold and one weight in silver. While the gold and silver coins share the same panda design in any given year, the Chinese Mint issues a fresh overall design for the collection for each date mark that is shared across the gold and silver lineup. Today, 1/10 oz Gold Chinese Pandas are available to you online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you in a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS or NGC!
- Released between 1982 and 2015!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of .999 fine gold.
- The face value of 10 or 50 Yuan is fully backed by the Chinese government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse includes the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests.
- On the reverse is a depiction of the Giant Panda.
- Extra labels are possible, date marks are random.
- Please note you could receive multiple coins with matching dates, designs, and extra labels when buying multiples.
Gold Chinese Panda coins have undergone two major changes since being introduced in 1982. The first change came in 2001 when the Chinese Mint adjusted the face value of all five coins upward. As a result, the 1/10 oz Gold Chinese Pandas in this listing with a date mark between 1982 and 2000 have a face value of 10 Yuan, while those with a date mark between 2001 and 2015 have a face value of 50 Yuan. The next change occurred in 2016 when the 1/10 oz coin ceased to exist as a Troy ounce option and was changed to a 3 Gram coin.
All of the 1/10 oz Gold Chinese Pandas in this product listing are available to you in perfect condition according to the PCGS or NGC. Coins with a Mint State 70 certification have full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws of any kind present on the designs or surface areas of the coins.
This random-year listing offers you a guaranteed perfect coin. However, date marks, associated designs, and additional labels available are random. We choose all coins based on the available stock once your payment has been processed. We cannot guarantee specific coins and if you purchase multiples, you could end up receiving several coins with the same date mark, design, and/or grading house labels.
The obverse field of all 1/10 oz Gold Chinese Pandas features the exterior of the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests. The building is the largest in the Temple of Heaven Complex, a Taoist religious site constructed in Beijing between 1406 and 1420. On the reverse of 1/10 oz Gold Pandas are images of the Giant Panda species. Native to the central highland of China, the panda features in a new design every year in this series. The only exception are the 2001 and 2002 coins which share the same design.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with your questions. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.