Gold American Eagle bullion coins are available to purchase from the United States Mint in four different weights. The 1 oz coin was long the popular choice among investors, but the three fractional weights of ½ oz, ¼ oz, and 1/10 oz have grown in popularity with rising gold prices over the past decade. The ½ oz Gold American Eagle Coin is currently available to purchase online at Silver.com from varied years with perfect certification.
- Ships to you sealed in a protective plastic slab by the NGC or PCGS!
- Issued by the US Mint since 1986!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Issued a face value of $25 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation or Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Obverse features the design of Liberty created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- Reverse bears the image of American bald eagles created by Miley Busiek.
- Listing includes coins from varied years of issue with varied labels.
The United States Mint offers the Gold Eagle coins in bullion, proof, and burnished options. The bullion coins debuted in 1986 with all four aforementioned weights available. That same year saw the issue of the proof coin for the first time, but it was only available in a 1 oz gold weight.
Proof Gold Eagles were available in 1 oz in 1986, an additional ½ oz weight in 1987, and finally a ¼ oz and 1/10 oz weight in 1988. The burnished coin debuted in 2006 and is available only in the 1 oz gold coin.
On the obverse of the ½ oz Gold American Eagle coin is the image of Liberty walking forward from the national capital of Washington DC. This image was created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens and commissioned by President Theodore Roosevelt to help revamp American coinage. The reverse of all Gold Eagles includes the design of a family of nesting bald eagles created in 1986 by Miley Busiek.
The ½ oz Gold American Eagle coins available in this listing earned Mint State 70 certifications from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation or Professional Coin Grading Service. MS70 coins have full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws.
Silver.com offers these coins in MS70 condition guaranteed. These coins are available from varied years of issue dated 1986 to present and with various labels possibly included in the slab. Silver.com cannot guarantee the year of issue featured on the coin or the included label. All coins are selected from our warehouse at the time your order is processed for shipping.
We encourage Silver.com customers to contact us with questions at 888-989-7223. You can also connect with us online through our live chat and email address features.