In 1982, the Chinese Mint introduced the Gold Panda bullion series. These gold coins for sale first came in four weights that year, with a fifth added to the series in 1983. From 1982 to 2015, the Gold Chinese Pandas were available from the mint in Troy ounces. Though the series is still available today, as of 2016 it offers weights in Grams instead. Right now, 1/2 oz Gold Chinese Pandas are available to purchase online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Ships to you inside PCGS or NGC protective plastic slabs!
- Offered with random date marks!
- Available with the potential for various labels in the slabs!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of .999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of either 50 or 200 Yuan based on the date mark.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse features the image of the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests.
- On the reverse, you will find various depictions of the Giant Panda.
- Please keep in mind it is possible to get coins with the same dates and labels when you buy multiples.
Each 1/2 oz Gold Chinese Panda in this listing at Silver.com comes with a near-perfect certification. Coins in Mint State 69 condition exhibit full, original mint luster and have no more than two minor detractions present. Acceptable flaws at this grade level include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines and these must be located outside of the primary focal points of the coin.
It is important to keep in mind the variety that exists in the 1/2 oz Gold Panda Series. First and foremost, there is a different Giant Panda design on the reverse each year, with one exception. The 2002 coin repeats the 2001 design, but all other dates have unique images. Additionally, these coins were available with a face value of 50 Yuan from 1982 to 2000 and a face value of 200 Yuan from 2001 to 2015.
The obverse of Gold Chinese Panda Coins features the image of the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests. This design shows the primary building in the Taoist religious complex known as the Temple of Heaven. On the reverse side of these 1/2 oz Gold Chinese Pandas, you will find various images of the Giant Panda, a unique bear species that is native to the central highlands of China.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Silver.com customer service can assist you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.