The First Spouse gold coin program was introduced by the United States Mint in 2007 and offers images of former First Spouses in the same order as the $1 Presidential coins. The collection features 1/2 oz .9999 fine gold with $10 (USD) face values and distinctive obverse and reverse designs. Right now, 1/2 oz Gold US Mint First Spouse Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab from the PCGS or NGC!
- Released from 2007 to 2016!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of $10 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is a depiction of a First Spouse or Lady Liberty.
- Reverse includes a design reflecting the achievements of the First Spouse featured on the obverse.
- Please be aware that purchasing multiples could result in receiving several with the same date mark and design.
Each 1/2 oz Gold US Mint First Spouse Coin in this listing comes with a Mint State 70 grade from either the PCGS or NGC. Coins in this condition exhibit full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind on the surface areas or design elements.
These coins are chosen at random once your payment is processed by Silver.com. Our warehouse team selects your coins randomly and cannot guarantee the year of issue, specific First Spouse design, or the presence of any additional labeling. If you buy more than one coin, please keep in mind you could receive several of the same year, design, and with the same additional labels.
The First Spouse program offers four designs per year starting with Martha Washington, Abigail Adams, Thomas Jefferson’s Liberty, and Dolley Madison in 2007. The 2009 issue year had five releases with two First Spouse coins for President John Tyler and the 2016 issue year had only Pat Nixon, Betty Ford, and Nancy Reagan. The First Spouses that followed those individuals are not featured yet as their partners have not featured in the $1 Presidential series yet.
On the obverse of all 1/2 oz Gold US Mint First Spouse coins is an image of one of the nation’s former First Spouses. When a president served without a spouse at his side, those releases are represented with a depiction of Liberty as used on circulation coins at that point in history.
The reverse of the Gold US Mint First Spouse Coins includes design elements that reflect the achievements of the First Spouse. For those presidents who served without a spouse at their side, the designs reflect their achievements in office as President of the United States of America.
If you have any questions, please contact Silver.com. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us.