The Proof Platinum Eagles from the United States Mint were initially available in 1 oz platinum and three fractional-ounce coins. The largest of those fractional-ounce coins was the 1/2 oz platinum coin and this weight typically had the lowest mintage figure in the series. Right now, 1/2 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles are available to purchase online in perfect condition at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab from the PCGS!
- Produced from 1997 to 2008!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of .9995 fine platinum.
- Bears a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Features a DCAM label.
- The obverse includes the Statue of Liberty.
- On the reverse is an American bald eagle or various symbols of the American government.
- Comes with “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint.
- If you purchase multiples, please note you could receive several coins with the same date mark and design.
Each of the 1/2 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles in this product listing comes with a perfect certification. PR70 coins exhibit full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind present. The coins also have a DCAM, or deep-cameo, designation. This means the coins have strong, frosted designs overlaying deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
This is a random listing at Silver.com. your coin is chosen at random once your payment has been processed. We cannot guarantee the date mark or design on the coin you receive. If you purchase more than one, you could receive several coins that have the same date marks and designs.
The obverse field of 1/2 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles includes the same design for all coins in this date range. The image of the Statue of Liberty is shown on this face of the coins as she gazes into the future with her torch held up high. John Mercanti created this design in 1997 for the Platinum Eagles.
On the reverse side of 1/2 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles is a depiction of the American bald eagle. The original 1997 release of the coin featured Thomas D. Rogers’ image of the American bald eagle flying over the nation as the sun rises in the distance. From 1998 to 2002, the coins had various different images of the American bald eagle flying over different regions of the country in the Vistas of Liberty Series.
If you have questions, Silver.com customer service is available to help. We are available on the phone at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.