Issued in coordination with the Presidential $1 Coin Program, the US Mint First Spouse Gold Coins offer proof gold bullion options for collectors. This series offers a total of 39 designs reflecting the First Spouses through the Reagan Administration and Nancy Reagan. Right now, 1/2 oz Proof Gold US Mint First Spouse Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com with a PCGS or NGC certification.
- Ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab from the PCGS or NGC!
- Debuted in 2007 with dates available through 2016!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of $10 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- First Spouses or Liberty images feature on the obverse of the coin.
- Images representing the First Spouse or President’s time in office.
- Please remember that buying multiples in a random year listing could result in receiving several coins with the same date mark and design.
Each 1/2 oz Proof Gold US Mint First Spouse Coin in this listing is a perfect specimen. PF70 grades are reserved for coins that exhibit full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws. This is a random year listing and your coins will be chosen once your payment is processed. We cannot guarantee a specific design or date mark and cannot hand-select varying designs if you buy more than one coin.
The First Spouse program launched in 2007 and features four coin designs in most years representing First Spouses. Only two release years had five designs. 2009 included two releases for the spouses of President John Tyler. Letitia Tyler was the president’s wife when he started his term in office in 1841, but died in 1842. Tyler remarried late in his term with Julia Tyler featured in 2009 as well. The 2013 release series included two coins for the First Spouses of President Woodrow Wilson, with Ellen Wilson first and Edith Wilson second.
On the obverse of all 1/2 oz Proof Gold First Spouse Coins is the image of a First Spouse. When a president was single while in office, an image of Liberty from circulation coinage during that president’s term is featured on the obverse. President James Buchanan was the last president with no spouse, so Christian Gobrecht’s popular Liberty left-profile portrait.
The reverse side of 1/2 oz Proof Gold US Mint First Spouse Coins depicts the First Spouse or President with a focus on the societal and cultural matters that were important during that period of US history.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Silver.com. We are available to you at 888-989-7223, online using our live web chat, and via our email address.