When the United States Mint introduced the Burnished Gold Eagle in 2006, the coins were available with 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz gold weights just like the BU and Proof collections. After a two-year hiatus in 2009-2010, the fractional-ounce coins were discontinued. Today, those weights are popular with collectors. Right now, 1/4 oz Burnished Gold American Eagles in near-perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Arrives inside a PCGS or NGC protective plastic slab!
- Fractional-ounce Burnished Gold Eagles available only between 2006 and 2008!
- Mintages are limited!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $10 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of SP69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse depicts Liberty.
- On the reverse is a family of bald eagles.
- Please keep in mind you may get coins with matching dates and labels when buying multiples.
Each of the 1/4 oz Burnished Gold American Eagles available here is a near-perfect specimen. Coins in SP69 condition exhibit full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detractions. Examples of acceptable flaws at this grade include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines located outside of the primary focal points of the coin.
Please keep in mind that Silver.com selects these coins at random after your payment clears. We cannot guarantee a date mark or additional labels in advance. We will select your coins from available inventory at that point in time. If you buy multiples, please keep in mind you may receive coins that have matching dates and labels.
The obverse of 1/4 oz Burnished Gold Eagles features a portrait of Lady Liberty. Designed in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, this visual depicts Liberty in front-facing relief as she walks toward the viewer with a torch held up in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. Sun rays emanate from the horizon behind Liberty’s figure while the U.S. Capitol Building is visible at her feet and a ring of 50 stars encircle the design element.
On the reverse of 1/4 oz Burnished Gold American Eagles is an image of a family of American bald eagles. This depiction of the eagles comes from Miley Busiek and was created in 1986 for this series. It shows a male eagle soaring over the family nest as a female guards a group of hatchlings in the nest.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Silver.com. Our team is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.