The two most overlooked coins in the Gold American Eagle bullion series are the 1/2 oz and 1/4 oz Gold American Eagles. The United States Mint is legally obligated by Act of Congress to strike the four coins in the Gold American Eagle bullion range each year to meet demand, but that does not mean the demand for all four coins is equal. Today, 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle Coins are available to you online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Available to ship inside of the PCGS or NGC’s protective plastic slabs!
- Issued by the US Mint since 1986!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $10 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is Lady Liberty.
- The reverse includes the American bald eagle family.
- Please note that purchasing multiples could result in receiving several coins of the same date mark.
The 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle coin has, historically, had the lowest mintage figures in each available year. The highest available mintage figure came in 1986 when 726,000 coins were issued. That was the debut year for the coin in this weight. The next highest mintage figure came amidst the Y2K crisis and settled at 564,000 coins in 1999.
All 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle Coins in this product listing come to you in near-perfect condition from the PCGS or NGC. Coins in Mint State 69 condition feature full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Acceptable flaws for this certification level include minuscule contact marks or hairlines found only outside of the primary focal points of the coin.
Silver.com offers you these coins as a random year listing. This means you’ll receive a 1/4 oz Gold Eagle randomly after your payment has processed. We only guarantee the weight of the coin and the certification of MS69. The date mark varies by availability at the time your order is processed.
The obverse of Gold American Eagle Coins includes the image of Lady Liberty. Created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, this design originally featured on the $20 Gold Double Eagle until 1933. On the reverse of 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle Coins is the image of a family of bald eagles. This was created in 1986 by Miley Busiek exclusively for the Gold American Eagle coinage.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com if you have any questions about gold for sale. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, connect with us online through our live chat, or simply send us an email.