Platinum American Eagles are the only bullion platinum coins from the United States Mint and are also the only bullion products from the mint that feature new designs on one side with each new release. The Proof Platinum Eagles have new designs on the reverse each year, with fractional-ounce coins available in the collection only from 1997 to 2008. Today, 1/4 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles are available to you online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you inside of a PCGS protective plastic slab!
- Produced between 1997 and 2008!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of .9995 fine platinum.
- The face value of $25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM specimen.
- On the obverse is a depiction of the Statue of Liberty.
- The reverse includes numerous different designs.
- Please remember that you may receive several coins with matching dates and designs if you buy multiples.
The United States Mint has produced the Proof Platinum American Eagle coin in every year since 1997. This is stands in opposition to the bullion coin that was halted after 2008, resumed in 2014, not struck in 2015, and has been issued again since 2016. The Proof Platinum Eagles have been available in 1 oz platinum since 1997, but the fractional-ounce coins were only produced from 1997 to 2008.
All 1/4 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles in this listing are available with PR69 certifications. Considered near-perfect specimens, these coins showcase full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Acceptable flaws at this grade level include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines.
A deep-cameo coin, or DCAM, is one with beautiful visual appeal. DCAM stands for coins with a deeply-mirrored, clear background field and a strong, frosted design element. This is noted in the “DCAM” inscriptions on the label in the slab. This is a random year listing, which means you could receive several coins with the same design and date mark if you buy multiples. We cannot guarantee the date and design on individual orders either.
On the obverse of 1/4 oz Platinum American Eagles is the image of the Statue of Liberty. She is depicted here in a close-up design from John Mercanti. This features on the obverse of all coins in the series and focuses on the face of the Statue of Liberty.
The reverse side of 1/4 oz Platinum Eagles comes with varying designs. Examples on the 1/4 oz Platinum Eagle come from design series such as the Vistas of Liberty and the Foundations of Democracy. Most of the images capture the American bald eagle on this side.