Proof Platinum Eagles from the United States Mint are the most stable coins in the platinum bullion series. Introduced in 1997, the Proof Platinum Eagle has offered at least a 1 oz proof coin each year since that time. Conversely, the fractional-ounce proof coins were suspended in 2009 and all versions of the BU coin were suspended that same year, not returning until 2014, and then only as a 1 oz BU coin. Right now, 1/4 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles from random years are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you in a US Mint presentation box with an included Certificate of Authenticity!
- Issued from 1997 to 2008!
- Available from varied years of issue!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of .9995 fine platinum.
- Bears a face value of $25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- The obverse features the Statue of Liberty.
- On the reverse are various designs of the bald eagle or symbols of the American government.
- Comes with a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
- Please keep in mind you could get matching dates and designs when purchasing multiples.
Each of the 1/4 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles available through this Silver.com listing come with the original packaging from the United States Mint. The coins are housed inside of presentation display boxes and still have the original Certificate of Authenticity. These 1/4 oz Proof Platinum Eagles were only available in the series from 1997 to 2008.
Silver.com does not guarantee the date mark and corresponding design of the coin you will receive in advance. All items are chosen at random after your payment has been processed. As a result, we cannot guarantee what will or will not be in stock at that point in time. We will fulfill your order based on what is available. If you buy multiples, please keeping mind the possibility that you could receive coins with matching dates and designs.
The obverse side of 1/4 oz Proof Platinum Eagles features the same design with each date mark. On this side of the coin, you will find the image of the Statue of Liberty. Designed in 1997 by John Mercanti, this image captures the face of Lady Liberty as she gazes out toward the horizon with a stoic look on her face.
On the reverse field of 1/4 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles are varying designs for each date mark in the series. In 1997, the debut release featured the same reverse from the BU coin, that of the American bald eagle soaring over the nation. From 1998 to 2002, the Vistas of Liberty Series offered new images of the bald eagle soaring over different regions of the country.
If you have any questions, Silver.com customer service is here to help. Our team is available on the phone at 888-989-7223, on the web using our live chat, and via our email address.