The Frank Frazetta Legacy Collection is an exciting series of silver rounds from the Osborne Mint that celebrates the greatest creations from one of America’s most talented fantasy and science fiction artists. Each of round in the series is meticulously crafted, hand-fed into the coining press and manually struck to produce a stunning finish. Today, the 1 oz Silver Antique Frank Frazetta Legacy Collection Death Dealer Round is available on Silver.com.
- Limited mintage of just 5,000 rounds in this design!
- Ships in a plastic capsule to protect the round’s finish.
- Available with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Consists of one troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Individual engravings on the edge identify the serial number of each unique round.
- Obverse bears the image of Frazetta’s famed Death Dealer.
- The man himself appears on the reverse, with authorization from his son Frank Jr.
- Designs recreated by Italian sculptor Luigi Badia.
The 1 oz Silver Frank Frazetta Legacy Collection Death Dealer Rounds in this Silver.com product listing are unique due to their finish. Each round has an antique finish, which adds age to the appearance of the round through chemical treatments that add warmth and depth to the design fields and surfaces of the round.
Frazetta’s Death Dealer design is considered one of his most popular. Designed in 1973, its first appearance in mass produced form was on the cover of Molly Hatchet’s first album release. The image depicts a haunting warrior atop his steed, with a face that is obscured by the shadows and his horned helmet.
The obverse of each 1 oz Silver Antique Frank Frazetta Legacy Collection Death Dealer Round features that infamous image of the Death Dealer. More imposing than his horned helmet and unseen face is the massive axe held in his right hand, which shows a hint of blood dripping from the axe head.
On the reverse you’ll find a portrait of Frank Frazetta as a young man. Each of the designs in the Legacy Collection bears the “Seal of Authenticity” from Frank Jr. Enterprises. Frazetta’s son oversaw the creation and design of these rounds in his father’s name. The Italian designer, Badia, is a student of the Frazetta school.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask a Silver.com associate. You can reach us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us.