The United States Mint hadn’t issued a gold coin for sale in more than 50 years when it introduced the Gold American Eagle in 1986. Gold coining in the United States ended in 1933 and the introduction of the Gold Eagles brought American gold coins back for investors and collectors to purchase. Today, 1 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins are available to you in near-perfect condition online at Silver.com.
- Coins ship to you inside of protective plastic slabs from the PCGS!
- First released in 1986!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $50 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM designation.
- The obverse side of the coin features Lady Liberty.
- On the reverse side is the American bald eagle family.
- “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint.
- You could receive coins with the same date marks when purchasing multiples in this listing.
The Proof Gold American Eagle Coin is the collectible version of the nation’s official gold bullion coin. Introduced in 1986, the 1 oz Proof Gold Eagle was on the only coin originally available in the proof series. The three fractional weights were introduced over a two-year period in 1987 and 1988.
All of these 1 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins have a PR69 certification from the PCGS. Coins in this condition are known as near-perfect specimens that have full, original mint luster and a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. These flaws are limited to minuscule contact marks or hairlines.
The DCAM designation indicates these coins have special visual brilliance. Each of the coins has strong, frosted matte elements and deeply-mirrored, clear background fields that beautifully contrast with one another.
On the obverse of 1 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coins in this listing is the image of Lady Liberty created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens in 1907. It was originally used on the $20 Gold Double Eagle until 1933. The reverse side of all Gold American Eagles features the image of an American bald eagle family and was created in 1986 by Miley Busiek.
These 1 oz Proof Gold American Eagles are available from varied years of issue. Silver.com cannot guarantee the date marks you receive in this series, but can guarantee the coins have PR69 certifications and come with a DCAM label in the slab.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com if you have any questions. Our customer service team is available to you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat service, and via our email address.