The 1 oz Indian Head Copper Round is an exceptional looking round that is ideal for any collector of copper rounds or for those who have an affinity for historic coins. This is a striking copper round that is sure to be a conversation piece and a round that will take center stage with other copper rounds.
- Consists of one AVDP ounce of .999 pure copper.
- Features the iconic Native American chieftain design from the Indian Head (Buffalo) Nickel.
- Originally designed by artists and sculptor James Earle Fraser.
- Designed in 1913 and featured an a US five-cent piece from 1913 to 1938.
- Image created using a compilation of facial features from real-life Native American leaders of the era.
- Minted at a private facility in the United States of America.
- Available in brand-new condition.
- Individual rounds ship in plastic flips, multiples of 10 – 20 ship in tubes, and multiples of 500 ship in boxes.
The interesting thing about this 1 oz Indian Head Copper Round is that it is a tribute to the 1913 Buffalo nickel. Designed by artist James Earl Fraser, the profiled face that you see on the copper round is not someone who ever existed. Instead, it is a composite of three men, Iron Tail, Big Tree and Two Moons. The stunning profile of the face of the Indian depicted on the round is framed by flowing hair. Two feathers hang from the hair of the model and to the right of his face; the phrase “LIBERTY” is prominently featured.
On the opposite side, there is a shield that features a very intricate design. There are the wings of an eagle coming from behind a shield with three stars and stripes. Behind the wings, an American flag waves. The border of the copper round features a rope and the phrases “ONE AVDP OUNCE” and “COPPER .999 FINE.” Though this copper round looks like the Buffalo nickel, it is not legal currency. The copper that makes up this round, however, has value that is based on the current market price of pure copper.
The 1 oz Indian Head Copper Round is highly sought out by collectors and will make a perfect addition to any collection. It also makes a wonderful gift. When ordering, you can have confidence that your copper round will be handled with professionalism and will be shipped in a safe and protective manner. For more information on the 1 oz Indian Head Copper Round, we invite you to contact our team online through chat and email or contact us by telephone.