The Palladium Eagle is the latest introduction in the American Eagle Series. Authorized in 2010 by Congress, the Palladium Eagle debuted in 2017, some 20 years after the 1997 introduction of the Platinum Eagle and one year after the 30-year anniversary of the Gold Eagle and Silver Eagle. Like the latter two coins, the Palladium Eagle features an effigy of Liberty plucked from the history of US Mint coining. Today, perfect-condition 1 oz Palladium American Eagles are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you in PCGS or NGC protective plastic slabs!
- Released annually as of 2017!
- Original mintages are limited!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9995 fine palladium.
- The face value of $25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State, Specimen Proof, PR or PF 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is the Winged Liberty design.
- The reverse features an American bald eagle.
- Bears “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint on certain specimens.
- Please remember you may receive coins from matching dates with matching additional labels when you buy more than one.
Palladium American Eagles debuted in 2017 and have, as of 2020, been released in four different versions. Rather than issue BU, proof, burnished, and other versions each year, the US Mint issues the Palladium Eagle in a different version for each date mark. The 2017 debut issue was a Brilliant Uncirculated specimen with no mint mark present. The subsequent releases included a 2018 Proof, 2019 Reverse Proof, and 2020 Burnished coin, all with “W” mint marks from the West Point.
All of the 1 oz Palladium American Eagles in this listing, regardless of version, received a perfect certification from either the PCGS or NGC. Any coin graded 70 on the Sheldon numeric scale is a perfect specimen that has full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws. These coins may or may not include additional labels such as UCAM/DCAM indicating the presence of strong, frosted designs and deeply-mirrored, clear fields. You may also find Early Release or First Strike designations on coins received for grading within 30 days of the initial release date.
Silver.com cannot guarantee the specific coin you receive in this listing. We select all coins after your payment has been processed and fulfill your order based on available specimens at that moment. As such, you could receive coins that vary in terms of date mark, version, and labels. Conversely, you may receive coins that all match for date mark, version, and additional labels if you buy more than one.
On the obverse of 1 oz Palladium American Eagles is the famous Winged Liberty design. Created in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman, the US Mint used this design on the US Dime from 1916 to 1945. The reverse side of Palladium Eagles depicts an American bald eagle on the edge of a cliff clutching a sapling in its talons. Weinman also created this design, but in 1907 for the American Institute of Architect’s gold medal series.
Please contact Silver.com with any questions about these coins. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.