This 1 oz copper round was privately minted in honor of the Peace Dollar Coin that was produced from 1921 – 1928 and then again, for another two years between 1934 – 1935. All Peace Dollar Coins will ship in brand new mint condition, wrapped in either a protective coin sleeve or their original sealed tubes. Please note that while this round might have a similar design to the Peace Dollar, it does not have a legal tender status.
- Consists of one ounce of .999 fine copper.
- Features the classic image Lady Liberty from the Peace Dollar.
- Originally appeared on US circulation coinage from 1921 to 1928 and 1934/35.
- Reverse features the same design from the Peace Dollar.
- Design inspired by America’s desire for peace following World War I.
- Available in new-from-mint condition.
- Produced at the Golden State Mint.
- Individual rounds ship in plastic flips, multiples of 10 – 20 ship in tubes, and multiples of 500 ship in boxes.
The front of the round features the artwork of Anthony Di Francisci, whose design had been the winning entry in a contest to create the new half dollar coin. Francisci’s rendition of Lady Liberty is believed to offer the most accurate portrayal of the real life Statue of Liberty. With her trademark “radiate” or multiple point crown and the wind ruffling several loose strands of her hair, Francisci wanted his portrayal of Liberty to be consistent with the figure that greets each new American Citizen as they arrived at Ellis Island. In the background behind her, he engraved the words “In God We Trust” as message of hope to those people. Also engraved along the edge of the round are her name accompanied by the coin’s original mintage year of “1921.”
The reverse side of the round also borrows its design from the original Peace Dollar Coin. In this image there is a bald eagle who is facing away from the viewer as it stands atop its nest. Above the bird is our country’s name and the phrase “E Pluribus Unum.” To provide as accurate a replica as possible, the mint has stamped the original denomination of “One Dollar” to the bottom of the round with the word “Copy” just underneath.
With its impressive artwork and exceptional composition, this 1 oz Peace Dollar Round is a stunning addition to any collection or investment portfolio. For questions, or to order the 1 oz Peace Dollar Copper Round, you can call Silver.com at 888-989-7223. Additional support is available through our website’s online submission forms and live chat feature.