The Proof Platinum Eagles from the United States Mint standalone as the only annually-issued bullion coin from the mint with new design elements on one side each year. Throughout most of its history, the reverse design of the Proof Platinum American Eagle has featured a new design of the American bald eagle or Liberty. In recent years, the iconic obverse image of the Statue of Liberty has even been replaced with modern depictions of Liberty. Today, 1 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles are available to you online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Available to ship inside of PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- Date marks available include 1997-present!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9995 fine platinum.
- The face value of $100 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM specimen.
- On the obverse is a depiction of Liberty.
- The reverse includes images of the American bald eagle, symbols of American government, or designs of Liberty.
- Features “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint.
- Please keep in mind, you may receive several coins with the same date mark and design when buying multiples.
Proof Platinum Eagles from the United States Mint have gone through five design programs as of the 2020 release. The initial release in 1997 shared the same images used on the obverse and reverse of bullion Platinum Eagles. From 1998 to 2002, the Vistas of Liberty series offered new visions of the bald eagle each year. Subsequent series released between 2006 and 2014 offered designs representing the Foundations of Democracy and the Preamble to the Constitution.
All 1 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles in this listing come with PR69 grades from the PCGS. Coins in PR69 condition have full, original mint luster and a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. The only acceptable flaws at this grade level are minuscule contact marks or hairlines. Additionally, these coins have DCAM, or deep-cameo, labels. A DCAM proof coin has strong, frosted designs contrasting deeply-mirrored, clear backgrounds.
Silver.com offers these coins from random years of issue. We cannot guarantee a specific date mark and design. All coins are chosen at random once your payment has processed. If you buy multiples, please note that we do not guarantee diversity in the coins you receive. You may end up with several coins featuring the same date mark and design.
On the obverse of 1 oz Proof Platinum Eagles, you are most likely to find John Mercanti’s Statue of Liberty design. Recent coins in the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence Series (2018-2020) have modern images of Liberty instead. The reverse of Proof Platinum Eagles includes varying images of the American bald eagle, government seals, and other images of Liberty.
Please feel free to reach out to us when you have questions. Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via email.