Proof Platinum American Eagles are extremely popular coins from the United States Mint not only for the .9995 fine platinum content, but more importantly, for the use of fresh designs on the reverse side of the coin each year dating back to its 1997 introduction. Right now, 1 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles are available to purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Ships to you inside of the protective plastic slab of the PCGS or NGC!
- First released in 1997!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9995 fine platinum.
- Bears a face value of $100 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse side is the Statue of Liberty or a modern depiction of Liberty.
- The reverse includes various images of the American bald eagle or symbols of the American government.
- “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint.
- Please note that you could receive several coins with matching date marks and designs if you buy more than one coin.
Each 1 oz Proof Platinum American Eagle Coin in this product listing comes to you with a PF70 certification from the PCGS or NGC. Coins with a PF70 grade are perfect specimens that exhibit full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws. Additional labels you might find inside the slab include Early Release indicating the coins were received for grading within 30 days of issue or UCAM/DCAM indicating the coins have strong, frosted designs overlaying deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
This is a random year listing from Silver.com. This means we select your coins at random once your payment has processed. You could receive coins with date marks ranging from 1997 to the present, and because the Platinum Eagles use new designs on the reverse each year, you may find varying designs available. We guarantee each coin is in PF70 condition, but that grade could come from either the NGC or PCGS. If you buy several coins, please keep in mind you might receive numerous coins with matching designs and date marks.
On the obverse of 1 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles is the vision of the Statue of Liberty from John Mercanti. This features on all coins dated 1997 to 2017. The 2018-2020 Preamble to the Declaration of Independence Series uses different images of Liberty for each release.
The reverse face of Proof Platinum American Eagles features a variety of different designs. The only design to appear on two date marks is the Thomas D. Rogers’ Eagle soaring over America design. Still featured on the reverse of the bullion coin, it featured on the proof coin in 1997 and 2017.
If you have questions, please contact Silver.com. Our customer service team is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.