Silver Australian Koalas are offered by the Perth Mint on an annual basis. The coins debuted in 2007 and feature a new image of the marsupial species on the reverse side each year. The Silver Koala stands with the Silver Kookaburra and Silver Kangaroo as the leading silver bullion coins from the Perth Mint each year. Right now, 1 oz Silver Australian Koalas are available to purchase online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Ships to you in a protective plastic slab from the PCGS or NGC!
- Issued as of 2007!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 or .9999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (AUD) backed by the federal government of Australia.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse side includes a depiction of Queen Elizabeth II.
- On the reverse is the image of a koala that varies from year to year.
- Please keep in mind that it is possible to receive coins with the same date mark and design when buying multiples.
Each of the 1 oz Silver Australian Koalas in this product listing comes with a near-perfect certification from the PCGS or NGC. Coins in Mint State 69 condition exhibit full, original mint luster with no more than two minor detracting flaws. Examples of acceptable flaws at this grade level include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines that must be located outside of the primary focal points of the coin.
Silver.com offers these coins as a random year option. We select all coins at random once your payment has been processed. We are not able to accommodate requests for particular date marks or designs. If you purchase more than one, keep in mind that it is possible to receive coins that have the same date marks and designs.
Silver Australian Koala coins follow the lead of the Silver Australian Kookaburra in using a new depiction of the creature on the reverse each year. The design element often depicts an individual koala or an adult koala with a young koala.
The obverse of the 1 oz Silver Australian Koalas features one of two depictions of Queen Elizabeth II. From 2007 to 2017, the Perth Mint was using the Ian Rank-Broadley design created in 1998 for the Royal Mint of England. From 2018 to present, the mint has used the Jody Clark design created in 2015 for the Royal Mint of England.
On the reverse side of the 1 oz Silver Koalas is a depiction of the koala in a new relief with each date mark. Koalas are marsupials that can sleep for up to 18 to 20 hours per day and often feed on eucalyptus as a primary source of dietary sustenance.
If you have any questions when you buy silver, please feel free to ask. Silver.com customer service is available to you on the phone at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.