The Royal Canadian Mint introduced the Silver Canadian Maple Leaf coins in 1988. The silver version joined the existing Gold Maple Leaf coin and debuted in the same year as the Platinum Maple Leaf. Canadian Maple Leaf coins are incredibly popular with investors and are a common specimen graded by the PCGS and NGC. Right now, 1 oz Silver Canadian Maple Leaf Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Ships to you inside of the PCGS or NGC protective plastic slab!
- First struck in 1988!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $5 (CAD) backed by the federal government of Canada.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse side features the sugar maple leaf design.
- Please note that buying multiples could result in receiving several coins with the same date marks, obverse designs, and varied labels included in the packaging.
Each of the individual 1 oz Silver Canadian Maple Leaf Coins available to you in this listing comes with a perfect certification from either the PCGS or NGC. Mint State 70 coins exhibit full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws on the design elements or surface areas of the coin.
Silver.com offers you these 1 oz Silver Maple Leaf coins today in a random allotment. Your coins are chosen at random once your payment has processed and your items are selected for shipping. We only guarantee that these coins have a Mint State 70 certification. The grading house that issued that certification, the date mark on the coin, any additional labels, and the design on the obverse are all random based on availability.
If you purchase more than one of the 1 oz Silver Canadian Maple Leaf Coins on offer here today, you may receive several coins with the same date marks, grading house, and additional labels. Examples of possible labels include the First Strike designation of the PCGS, which indicates the coins were received for grading within 30 days of their original release date.
On the obverse of 1 oz Silver Maple Leaf Coins is an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. There are three possible portraits that include the Arnold Machin second-generation portrait used in 1988 and 1989, the Dora de Pedery-Hunt third-generation design used from 1990 to 2003, or the Susanna Blunt image used from 2004 to the present. The reverse of all 1 oz Silver Canadian Maple Leaf coins features the sugar maple leaf as designed by Walter Ott in 1979.
If you have any questions about silver for sale, please contact Silver.com. Our customer service team is available to you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.