One of the more popular ways to buy gold in the modern era is to invest in former circulation gold pieces. From the Pre-33 Gold Coins of the United States to the various gold denominations issued across the European continent, the gold coins issued before nations began to abandon the gold standard feature 90% gold and offer a great option when expanding your gold holdings. Today, 1862/1881 20 Lire Gold Italian Coins in certified condition are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to you inside NGC protective plastic slabs!
- Features dates of 1862 or 1881!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of .1867 Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of 20 Lire was issued by the Kingdom of Italy.
- Graded Mint State 63 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is an effigy of King Victor Emmanuel II or King Umberto I.
- The reverse features the coat of arms of the kingdom.
- Please remember you will get one date mark or the other and we cannot guarantee which coin you receive.
The 20 Lire Gold Italian Coins issued by the Kingdom of Italy were predecessors to the denominations of the Sardinian lira. The Kingdom of Italy was formed as a unified kingdom on the Italian peninsula by Victor Emmanuel II in 1861. Previously, he had served as the King of Sardinia before leading the movement to unify the kingdoms of the region.
All of the 1862/1881 20 Lire Gold Italian Coins in this listing come to you with an NGC certification. These coins are packaged in NGC slabs and come with a custom label depicting the Leaning Tower of Pisa, along with the stripes and colors of the Italian flag. A coin with an MS63 grade has slightly impaired mint luster with the possibility for numerous small or a few heavy contact marks, some of which may be in the primary focal fields of the coin. The coins will also have small hairlines that are noticeable without the aid of magnification.
Please remember that we cannot guarantee in advance whether you receive an 1862 or 1881 coin. The date mark determines which monarch features on the obverse. If you buy multiples, you may get matching dates and designs.
On the obverse of 1862/1881 20 Lire Gold Italian Coins features effigies of the King of Italy. King Victor Emmanuel II is depicted on the 1862 coin, while King Umberto I is found on the obverse of the 1881 coin.
The reverse of the 1862/1881 Gold Italian Coins comes with the coat of arms for the Kingdom of Italy. The design features a quartered shield that is flanked by a wreath and topped with an imperial crown.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Silver.com with any questions. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.