The coins of the Silver Morgan Dollar Series are some of the most popular 19th-century American coins among 21st-century collectors. Some of the most sought-after coins are those from the Carson City Mint. Now, certified 1881-CC Silver Morgan Dollars are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com.
- Coins ship to you in protective plastic slabs from the PCGS!
- Fourth year of issue in the Silver Morgan Dollar Series!
- Original mintage limited to 296,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of .7734 Troy ounce of actual silver content.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 63 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- The obverse depicts Liberty.
- On the reverse is the heraldic eagle of the United States.
- Comes with a CC mint mark from the Carson City Mint.
Over the course of its history, there were well over 100 million Silver Morgan Dollars issued. The coins were struck from 1878 to 1904 and again for a final time in 1921. The Philadelphia Mint and San Francisco Mint issued millions of coins each year for all of the aforementioned date marks.
From 1879 to 1904, the New Orleans Mint also issued millions of Morgan Dollars, with the Denver Mint issuing more than 20 million coins in its lone issue in 1921. The Carson City Mint issued more than 13.8 million Silver Morgan Dollars in just 13 years of production from 1878 to 1885 and 1889 to 1893. Some of the Carson City Mint’s issue years were very low, however, with the 1881 coin coming in with the second-lowest mintage at just 296,000 coins.
The obverse of the 1881-CC Silver Morgan Dollar features an image of Liberty in left-profile relief. This design from George T. Morgan shows the head of Liberty with a Phrygian cap on, as well as the coronet crown and a laurel wreath.
On the reverse side of 1881-CC Silver Morgan Dollar Coins is a depiction of the heraldic eagle of the United States. This design features the American bald eagle in front-facing relief with the arrows of war in one talon and the olive branch of peace in the other. The bird is framed by an oak-and-laurel wreath.
These 1881-CC Silver Morgan Dollars come with a Mint State 63 certification and protective slab. Coins in this condition showcase impaired mint luster, the possibility for several small contact marks and/or heavier contact marks, and light hairlines that are visible without the aid of magnification.
Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223. You can also chat with us live online or simply send us an email with your questions.