A staple of US Mint Prestige Proof Sets is the inclusion of a commemorative silver dollar coin. The sets come with circulation versions of the penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and half dollar, as well as commemorative coins. Each commemorative dollar is a 90% silver coin with varying design themes to mark different occasions. Right now, 1988 US Mint Prestige Proof Sets are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Ships to you inside US Mint presentation booklets!
- Comes with six coins in total!
- Includes a commemorative silver dollar!
- Consists of .7734 Troy ounces of actual silver content in all.
- Bears individual face values in US dollars.
- The obverse features US Presidents on most coins, with an Olympic design on the silver dollar.
- On the reverse of each coin are varying designs, with an Olympic theme on the silver dollar.
- Please be aware that these coins and booklets are in good condition, even though some sets may be missing the outer box and/or COA.
Each of the 1988 US Mint Prestige Proof Sets available here comes with the original US Mint presentation booklets. Inside this booklet, you will find proof-struck circulation coins from the US penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and half-dollar denominations. Also included in the set is a 1988 Olympics US silver dollar.
The 1988 Silver Dollar included in this set honored the US Olympic Team’s participation in the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul, South Korea. The coins have .7734 Troy ounces of 90% silver, with 10% copper for durability. While the circulation coins have standard circulation alloys, all of the coins in the set, including the silver dollar, are proof specimens. Each coin has slightly frosted finishes on the designs with mirror-like fields.
On the obverse of 1988 US Mint Prestige Proof Set coins are varying designs. Presidents Lincoln, Jefferson, Roosevelt, Washington, and Kennedy feature on the obverse of the five circulation coins. The Olympic silver dollar depicts Lady Liberty’s torch lighting the Olympic torch.
The reverse field of the coins in the 1988 US Mint Prestige Proof Set offers varying design. The silver dollar’s design is the most unique and features the Olympic rings, with olive branches framing the design element.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Silver.com customer service is available to assist you on the phone at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.