The United States Mint catalog contains a growing variety of gold coins for sale, but the production of gold coinage in the United States in the modern era was reignited by the 1986 introduction of the Gold American Eagle coin collection. Today, 1990 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins are available to you online at Silver.com with NGC certification.
- Ships to you housed inside of a protective plastic slab by the NGC!
- Third issue year for the 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coin!
- Availability limited within the original 99,349-coin mintage!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $5 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Designated an Ultra-cameo coin.
- On the obverse face is the design of Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- The reverse side includes the image of American bald eagles by Miley Busiek.
- “P” mint mark included.
When the US Mint introduced the Gold American Eagle coinage in proof and bullion versions in 1986, it marked the first time since 1933 that gold coins had been issued in the United States. Though not available in circulation, the coins still marked a milestone in US Mint coining. On top of that, the Gold American Eagle’s 22-karat gold purity made it the purest gold coin available in the United States since 1837.
All of the 1990 1/10 oz Gold American Eagle Coins in this product listing earned perfect PF70 grades from the NGC. Coins certified as PF70 have full, original mint luster and a complete lack of detracting flaws. The additional UCAM designation indicates the coins have strong, frosted devices and deeply-mirrored, clear background fields. These finishes combine to create a visual effect of the design floating above the coin’s surface.
On the obverse side of Proof Gold American Eagle coins is the iconic image created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens. Commissioned in 1905 by President Theodore Roosevelt to help revamp American coinage, Saint-Gaudens created this beautiful image of Liberty in a free-flowing robe with her hair blowing in the wind.
The reverse face of 1990 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coins includes the image of a family of bald eagles. This design was created for the Gold Eagle collection in 1986 by Miley Busiek and depicts a male as it flies back to the nest where a female watches over a group of young hatchlings.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with any questions. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.