As the Silver American Eagle approached the middle of the 1990s, it was also approaching mintage levels that would eventually become classified as some of the lowest in the 30-year history of the program. Today, the 1994-P Proof Silver American Eagle is available as a perfect specimen from the PCGS.
- There are just 813 coins with this certification and condition!
- Ninth release in the Proof Silver American Eagle series.
- Ships to you in a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS.
- Consists of one troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States government.
- Bears a grade of PR70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Available with a DCAM finish.
- Features the “P” mint mark of the Philadelphia Mint.
- Walking Liberty on the obverse.
- Heraldic eagle on the reverse.
The 1994 release of Silver American Eagle coins was unique in a number of ways. First and foremost, overall mintage in the program fell by more than 2.6 million coins from 1993. The vast majority of this dip occurred in the bullion version of the coin, which fell to its lowest mintage level to date.
For the 1994 Proof Silver American Eagle, the story wasn’t much better. The proof coins fell by just 33,000 to 372,000, but that marked the lowest all-time mintage in the history of the proof version of the coin.
The 1994 Proof Silver American Eagle coins in this Silver.com product listing have PR70 grades from the PCGS. Considered perfect specimens, these coins exhibit full, original mint luster and lack any type of detracting flaws.
DCAM coins are proof products with a special finish. The strong, frosted matte finish on the design set gives it the appearance of floating above the deeply-mirrored, clear background field of the coin.
On the obverse is Adolph A. Weinman’s Walking Liberty design from the Walking Liberty Half Dollar. US Mint Chief Engraver John Mercanti refined and modernized the appearance of the heraldic eagle of the United States for the reverse of these coins.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. A Silver.com associate is available at 888-989-7223. You can also connect with us live online through our live chat or via our email address.