When you buy gold coins, those with certifications from one of the two major grading houses represent an excellent addition to a personal collection. When the NGC or PCGS grades a coin, you can trust its condition and visual brilliance are top quality. Right now, 1994 1/2 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com with a perfect NGC certification.
- Coins ship to you inside of protective plastic slabs from the NGC!
- Eighth year of availability for the 1/2 oz Proof Gold Eagle coins!
- Availability is limited within the original 44,584-coin mintage!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Comes with a UCAM label.
- The obverse bears the image of Lady Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- On the reverse is the design of bald eagles from Miley Busiek.
- “W” mint marks.
Each of the 1994 1/2 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins available for you to purchase today comes with a perfect NGC certification. A coin with a PF70 grade exhibits full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind visible. The UCAM label denotes the level of visual brilliance on the coins. Each one has strong, frosted designs accompanied by deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
The mintage of 1/2 oz Proof Gold Eagles in 1994 edged upward just slightly by about 700 coins. The previous year’s issue had a total of 43,819, while these 1994 coins hit 44,584. This trend was common among all of the Proof Gold Eagles in the late 1980s and early 1990s as demand remained stable. There would be one more year of incremental increases before the Proof Gold Eagles would slide backward in the late 1990s.
On the obverse of all 1994 Proof Gold Eagle coins, you’ll find Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ iconic image of Lady Liberty. Designed in 1907 for the $20 Gold Double Eagle, this image was originally intended as a high-relief strike, but the US Mint lacked the technology at the time to make that a reality. Today, Liberty’s brilliant figure is found on the Proof Gold American Eagle coins surrounded by 50 stars.
The reverse side of the 1994 1/2 oz Proof Gold American Eagle includes a group of bald eagles. While a male flies overhead of a family nest, there is a female standing guard over a group of hatchlings kept safely within.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Silver.com customer service is available to you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.