The Silver American Eagle program from the United States Mint celebrated its 10th anniversary in 1995, and the series featured the first-ever release of two different proof coins in the same year. Right now, the 1995-P Proof Silver American Eagle coin is available in perfect condition on Silver.com.
- There are 1,356 coins available in this grade and condition!
- 10th anniversary of the American Eagle coin program from the United States Mint.
- Arrives in a protective plastic slab.
- Consists of one troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a grade of PR70 by the Professional Coing Grading Service.
- Features a DCAM designation.
- Includes the “P” mint mark of the Philadelphia Mint.
- Adolph A. Weinman’s Walking Liberty design on the obverse.
- John Mercanti’s heraldic eagle on the reverse.
The 1995 Silver American Eagle coin experienced a surge in mintage, but that’s to be expected after the series hit rock bottom the year before. The overall mintage in 1994 proved to be the second lowest in program history, and the Proof Silver American Eagle experienced what would become its lowest mintage every.
For 1995, the United States Mint celebrated the 10th anniversary of the coin with the production of two proof coins. The standard 1995-P proof coin was produced at levels significantly higher than the year before.
The US Mint also included a first-ever West Point Mint striking of the Proof Silver American Eagle for inclusion in the 10th Anniversary American Eagle coin set. These 1995-W proofs have become one of the rarest coins in the history of the Silver American Eagle series.
On the obverse face of the coin is the Walking Liberty design from Adolph A. Weinman, which first appeared on the Walking Liberty Half Dollar from 1916 to 1947. The reverse bears the modern heraldic eagle of the United States, which was refined for use on these coins by former-Chief Engraver of the US Mint, John Mercanti, in 1986.
Each coin in this listing has a perfect PR70 grade from the PCGS and a DCAM designation. PR70 coins have their full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws. The deep-cameo finish is reserved for coins with a strong, frosted finish on the design and a deeply-mirrored, clear background field.
Please direct your questions to a Silver.com associate at 888-989-7223. We’re also available online using our live web chat and email features.