Only one of the Proof Gold American Eagle coins issued in 1995 saw its mintage figure rise compared to the previous year. The 1/2 oz Gold Eagle in the proof collection experienced a small uptick in demand in 1995, with its mintage rising by a very modest 804 coins. Right now, 1995 1/2 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com with a perfect NGC certification.
- Ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab from the NGC!
- 10th anniversary year of issue for Gold Eagles!
- Availability limited within the original 45,388-coin mintage!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Available with a UCAM designation.
- On the obverse is the classic image of Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- The reverse features the family of bald eagles created by Miley Busiek.
- “W” mint marks.
Each of these 1995 1/2 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins features a perfect PF70 certification from the NGC. Perfect coins exhibit full, original mint luster and showcase no detracting flaws on the design elements or surface area of the coin.
The included UCAM label stands for ultra-cameo and indicates unique visual brilliance in the coin’s finish. The UCAM designation is reserved for coins with contrasting strong, frosted matte design elements and deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
Throughout the 1990s, the Proof Gold Eagles held a relatively steady line in demand. Following these 10th anniversary issues, the Proof Gold Eagles would begin to decline in demand and mintage. In fact, each of the four weights in the Proof Gold Eagles Series enjoyed a boost of 30,102 coins in 1995 which were struck and included in a five-coin 10th Anniversary American Eagle Set along with a special Proof Silver Eagle.
On the obverse of the 1995 1/2 oz Proof Gold Eagle, you’ll find Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ Liberty design. His vision of Liberty is one of freedom and power, with her figure depicted walking toward the viewer as she holds her torch aloft in her right hand to light the future for the nation.
The reverse of the 1995 Proof Gold American Eagle includes the Miley Busiek design of American bald eagles. In this design, a male is featured in flight while a female stands guard over hatchlings in the nest.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Silver.com. Our customer service team is available to you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.