The Proof Platinum Eagle from the United States Mint stands alone as the most unique option in the broader American Eagle Series. While Platinum Eagles are offered in BU and Proof each year, compared to BU, Proof, and Burnished for the gold and silver coins, the Proof Platinum Eagle has something that no version of its gold, silver, and palladium counterparts has: new annual designs. Now, 2001-W 1/10 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles are available to you for purchase online from Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Coins ship to you inside protective plastic slabs courtesy of the NGC!
- Fifth year of availability in the Proof Platinum Eagle Series!
- Released in the Proof Vistas of Liberty Series!
- Original mintage limited to 52,017 coins only!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of .9995 fine platinum.
- Issued a face value of $10 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of PF70 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM designation.
- The obverse features Liberty.
- On the reverse is an American bald eagle flying over Arizona in the American Southwest.
- Comes with a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
The Platinum Eagle Series from the United States Mint debuted in 1997 with BU and Proof coins available. From 1997 to 2008, the coins were available in 1 oz platinum, as well as 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz platinum options. The Proof Platinum Eagles made an immediate splash with collectors as the first-ever American Eagle variant to change design elements each year.
While Liberty remained a constant on the obverse of the coins up until 2017, the reverse of the Proof Platinum Eagles changed each year. The 2001 coin was released during the first design series in the program’s history, the Vistas of Liberty Series.
The obverse of these 2001-W 1/10 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles features a front-facing effigy of Liberty. Designed by John Mercanti, it shows the face of Liberty from the Statue of Liberty with her large, spiked crown and stoic visual appearance.
On the reverse side of 2001-W 1/10 oz Proof Platinum Eagles is an image of the American bald eagle in flight. Based on the original 1997 design from Thomas D. Rogers, this particular image of the eagle shows it flying over the deserts of Arizona with its robust Saguaro cacti visible across the horizon. This design was the fourth of the Vistas of Liberty Series.
These 2001-W 1/10 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles are perfect specimens. PF70 coins showcase full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind present. The UCAM designation is for proof coins that have strong, frosted designs contrasting with deeply-mirrored, clear fields.
Silver.com customer service is available to assist you at 888-989-7223. We are also available to you online through our live chat and email address features.