The Silver American Eagles from the United States Mint are the most sought-after coins in the bullion industry. The BU version of the coin is an annual best-seller within the industry, and the Proof version of the coin is exceptionally popular with collectors. Today, 2002-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles are available to you online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Available to ship to in a protective plastic slab from the PCGS!
- 17th coin from the Proof Silver American Eagle Series!
- Original mintage limited to 647,342 coins!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM designation.
- On the obverse is the vision of Walking Liberty.
- The reverse features the heraldic eagle of the United States.
- Bears a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
From 1997 to 2006, the mintage of the Proof Silver Eagles at the US Mint grew year-over-year with each release. However, there was one exception in the series and that was the 2002 coin. The mintage of the 2002 coin dropped by 100,000 coins from the 2001 release, but the 2003 release would see demand rebound immediately by more than 100,000 coins to surpass the 2001 mintage and continue the upward trend for the series.
All of the 2002-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles in this product listing earned near-perfect certifications. The PR69 grade is reserved for coins that have full, original mint luster and a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Those flaws are limited in nature to minuscule contact marks or hairlines and are limited in scope to the areas outside the primary focal points of the coin.
On the obverse of 2002-W Proof Silver Eagles is a depiction of Walking Liberty. Created in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman, this visual was first used on the US half dollar through 1947 and shows Liberty in left-profile relief walking toward the sun on the horizon. The image includes Liberty’s right hand reaching out for the sun, her left carrying branches of oak and laurel, and the American flag draped around her figure.
The reverse side of the 2002-W 1 oz Proof Silver Eagle comes with the heraldic eagle of the United States. The design was modernized in 1986 by John Mercanti and features a front-facing bald eagle with the US national shield, the arrows of war, and the olive branch of peace.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Silver.com with your questions. You can reach our team at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.