The United States Mint issued the Proof Gold American Eagle coin in 2004 with individual availability and as part of a 4-Coin Proof Gold Eagle Set. The coins had mintage caps for the individual options as well as the collectible set. Today, 2004 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins are available to you online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the NGC!
- 17th available year for the 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle!
- Availability limited within the original 28,839-coin mintage!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $10 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM designation.
- On the obverse face is an iconic Liberty design.
- The reverse side of the coin has a unique American bald eagle design.
- Features “W” mint marks.
Gold prices in 2004 cooled compared to the significant increases of the past two years. In 2002, gold passed the $300 per ounce mark, and soared above $400 per ounce in 2003 with a 20% increase in the price of gold. Although gold rose again in 2004, it was less substantial than the previous two years. However, the US Mint rose premiums again, which dampened demand for the Proof Gold Eagles.
All of the 2004 1/4 oz Proof Gold Eagles in this listing come with PF70 certifications courtesy of the NGC. Coins that earn this certification have full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws present on the designs or surface areas. The included UCAM label designates these coins as ultra-cameo specimens. UCAM coins have strong, frosted design elements and deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
The obverse of 2004 Proof Gold American Eagle coins includes the vision of Liberty created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens. The design includes Liberty in front-facing relief as she marches toward an unknown future with her torch held high to light the way for the nation as it moves forward.
On the reverse face of 2004 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagles is a design of American bald eagles. Designed by Miley Busiek, you’ll notice a female eagle in the nest with a hatchling under her wing as a male eagle flies overhead. The 1/4 oz Proof Gold Eagle fell in mintage by 1,453 coins compared to 2003.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with your questions. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.