The 2006 release of Silver American Eagles at the United States Mint included a limited-issue, three-coin set. The US Mint introduced a new Burnished Silver Eagle in 2006 and also produced a special Reverse Proof coin to offer alongside the traditional Proof Silver Eagle in a three-coin set. Today, 2006 1 oz Silver American Eagle 3-Coin Sets in near-perfect condition are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside NGC protective plastic slabs!
- 20th-anniversary issue of the Silver American Eagles!
- Included in this set are three versions of the 2006 Silver Eagle!
- Final mintage of 19,145 coin sets only!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver per coin.
- The individual face values of $1 (USD) are fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse of each coin is a portrait of Walking Liberty.
- The reverse side of the coin comes with an image of the heraldic eagle.
- W or P mint marks on the coins in this set.
In 1986, the United States Mint issued the Silver American Eagle for the first time in history. The coins available that year included the 1 oz BU Silver Eagle and the 1 oz Proof Silver Eagle. Until 2006, no other versions of the coin were released. However, 2006 saw the introduction of a new Burnished Silver Eagle coin for annual release and a first-ever Reverse Proof Silver Eagle.
All of these 2006 1 oz Silver American Eagle 3-Coin Sets are available to you for purchase in near-perfect condition. Each coin is individually sealed in a plastic slab. The coins have either Mint State or Proof 69 certifications, an indication that the coins are near-perfect specimens. Coins in this condition have full, original mint luster and no more than two minor detractions. Acceptable flaws at this level include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines outside the primary focal points.
On the obverse of the coins in the 2006 1 oz Silver American Eagle 3-Coin Set is Walking Liberty. Designed by Adolph A. Weinman in 1916, it shows the full-length figure of Liberty in left-profile relief as she walks toward the sun on the horizon.
The reverse side of 2006 Silver American Eagles in this 3-Coin Set depicts the heraldic eagle of the United States. This particular version of the historic eagle shield was created in 1986 by John Mercanti for the Silver Eagle Series.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. Our team can assist you at 888-989-7223, chat with you live online, or respond to inquiries via email.