In 2006, the 20th Anniversary of the American Gold Eagle series was released. All four weight denominations from the U.S. Mint Gold Bullion are included in the 2006-coin set and feature the image of Lady Liberty. This coin series has become immensely popular among coin collectors and other buyers. You can now purchase the 2006 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FS online from Silver.com.
- Each coin ships directly to you in its own protective plastic slab!
- The American Gold Eagle coin series’ 20th Anniversary!
- Limited Coin Mintage!
- Contains One-Tenth Troy Ounce coin, One Fourth Troy Ounce coin, One Half Troy Ounce coin, and One Troy Ounce coin. All coins have actual gold content.
- Face values of $5, $10, $25, and $50 all backed by the U.S. Government.
- All four coins have received a grading of Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- First Strike label included.
- The obverse shows the image of Lady Liberty.
- The reverse features a design by Miley Busiek of a family of American bald eagles.
The 20th Anniversary release of the American Gold Eagle coin features fractional-weight coins that suffered due to a focus on commemorative sets in 2006. The 1 oz coin had the highest demand, with the three fractional weights experiencing a drop in demand and mintage. This trend was also seen in previous years of this coin series with a higher demand for the 1 oz coin compared to coins with fractional values.
The 2006 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FS contains four coins, each with different weights and values: $5 (1/10 oz), $10 (1/4 oz), $25 (1/2 oz), and $50 (1 oz). All coins have been graded by the NGC with an MS70 grade. This grading means that the coins are perfect specimens. These coins have no imperfections or flaws even when viewed under a 5x magnification.
On the obverse of the 2006 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FS coins, the image of Lady Liberty is seen walking forward toward the viewer. In her hands, she holds a torch, while the other hand holds an olive branch. A circle of 50 stars surrounds Lady Liberty with sun rays extending in the distance. The obverse also includes the year of the coin and the “LIBERTY” inscription.
The reverse of the 2006 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FS coins shows a family of bald eagles designed by Miley Busiek. The male eagle soars overhead while the female eagle sits holding its hatchling. The reverse also shows the purity, weight, and value of the coin, and three different inscriptions: “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA”, “IN GOD WE TRUST”, and “E PLURIBUS UNUM”.
If you have any questions regarding the 2006 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FS, Silver.com is here to help. Give us a call at 888-989-7223 or use our online chat or email features to contact us.