The first-ever release of a Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle occurred in 2006 as the US Mint celebrated the 20th anniversary of its Silver Eagle and Gold Eagle programs. The 2006 Reverse Proof Silver Eagle was the first of its kind and the first Proof Silver Eagle from the Philadelphia Mint since 2000. Right now, 2006-P 1 oz Reverse Proof Silver American Eagles are available to purchase online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Ships to you in a protective plastic slab from the PCGS!
- 20th-anniversary in the Proof Silver Eagle Series!
- First Reverse Proof from the Silver Eagle collection!
- Initial mintage of 248,875 coins only!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- The obverse depicts Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is the heraldic eagle.
- Features a “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
Each 2006-P 1 oz Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle available here comes with a near-perfect grade. The PCGS issues a PR69 grade to coins that exhibit full, original mint luster and two minor detracting flaws, at the most. These flaws are limited in nature to minuscule contact marks or hairlines and must be located outside the primary focal points of the coin.
The 2006 Reverse Proof Silver Eagle marked the first release of a reverse-proof specimen in the history of the Silver Eagle Series. Reverse-proof coins flip the traditional visuals of a coin to include mirrored designs overlaying frosted background fields. The Philadelphia Mint had previously issued Proof Silver Eagles from 1993 to 2000, making these reverse proofs the first from Philadelphia in six years.
The obverse side of 2006-P 1 oz Reverse Proof Silver Eagles depicts Walking Liberty. Designed in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman, the visual comes with Liberty in left-profile relief as she walks toward the sun on the horizon. Her right hand is reaching out toward the sun on the horizon while her left carries branches of oak and laurel, symbols of America’s civic and military prowess.
On the reverse face of the 2006-P Reverse Proof Silver Eagle is the heraldic eagle design from John Mercanti. First designed in 1794, this modernized version of the design comes with a powerful bald eagle in support of the US national shield. The eagle clutches an olive branch of peace and the arrows of war in its talons with a triangular cluster of 13 stars over its head.
If you have questions, Silver.com customer service will be happy to assist. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.