The 20th anniversary of the American Eagle Series came in 2006 and featured a wide variety of additional coins in the American Eagle collection. Along with reverse proof and additional proof coins, the United States Mint introduced a burnished version of the American Eagle coins in both silver and gold. Today, 2006-W Burnished American Eagle 20th Anniversary 2-Coin Sets are available to you online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Available to ship to you inside of a United States Mint box with an included Certificate of Authenticity!
- Includes 2 American Eagle Burnished coins for the 20th anniversary of the series!
- Mintage limited to 20,000 sets only!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver and One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face values of $1 (USD) and $50 (USD) are fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse of the Silver Eagle is Walking Liberty. The reverse features the heraldic eagle.
- The obverse of the Gold Eagle bears Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ Liberty. On the reverse is a family of bald eagles.
- “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint on each coin.
The United States Mint introduced the Burnished American Eagle coin for the first time in the program’s history in 2006. During that same year, the US Mint issued the 20th-anniversary set to mark the overall collection’s two decades of availability. In the set, there is both a Burnished Silver American Eagle and a Burnished American Gold Eagle.
All 2006-W Burnished American Eagle 20th Anniversary 2-Coin Sets are available to you with a commemorative display box to house the two coins and feature a Certificate of Authenticity from the United States Mint. The burnished coins are specially handled by the US Mint during production with each coin removed by hand from the burnishing drum and struck individually, then removed and packaged immediately by gloved hands.
On the obverse of 2006-W Burnished Silver Eagles is the image of Walking Liberty by Adolph A. Weinman. The reverse of the Silver Eagle includes John Mercanti’s heraldic eagle of the United States.
The obverse of 2006-W Burnished Gold Eagles features the design of Liberty created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens for the $20 Gold Double Eagle. On the reverse of the coins is Miley Busiek’s depiction of a family of American bald eagles.
All Burnished American Eagle Coins in this set were produced by the West Point Mint with “W” mint marks. The marks are found on the reverse of Silver Eagles and obverse of Gold Eagles.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with any questions. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.