After breaking a total sales record in 2006, it was inevitable that the Silver American Eagle would retreat in terms of mintage for 2007. The previous year was, after all, the 20th anniversary celebration of the coins. In 2007, the United States Mint saw early signs of renewed and sustained interest in the popular silver bullion coins, with mintage holding steady across all three versions. Today, the 2007-W Proof Silver American Eagle coin is available on Silver.com in perfect condition.
- There are just 4,338 coins with this finish and certification!
- 22nd annual striking of the Silver American Eagle coin!
- Ships in a plastic slab to protect the coin’s condition.
- Consists of one troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Earned a grade of PR70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- West Point Mint’s “W” mint mark featured.
- Includes the image of Walking Liberty on the obverse.
- The heraldic eagle graces the reverse.
For the first time since 1987, the Silver American Eagle coin program set a sales record in 2006. In 2007, production levels sank slightly across two of the three versions of the coin. The bullion coins saw continued high mintage at 9.028 million, with the Proof Silver American Eagle remaining strong at 821,759, making it one of the Top 5 mintage years of all time.
The new burnished Silver Eagles had their highest ever production level in 2007, with a total of 621,333 coins produced. This represented an increase of nearly 200,000 coins from the year before. The overall drop in production was aided, as well, by the lack of a reverse proof that had been struck to celebrate the 20th anniversary in 2006.
Each 2007-W Proof Silver American Eagle available here today is a perfect specimen. Coins with a PR70 grade exhibit full, original mint luster and bear no detracting flaws of any kind on the surfaces.
DCAM, or deep-cameo, products have a unique and contrasting finish. The strong, frosted design set appears to float over the coin’s surface thanks to the deeply-mirrored, clear background finis on the coin.
If you have any questions about these or other silver coins, please don’t hesitate to ask. You can reach a Silver.com associate on the phone at 888-989-7223, connect with us live online using our web chat, or send us an email.