The United States Mint’s state quarters have never looked better than they do in 90% silver! Minted annually, these coins also feature a stunning proof finish that makes these coins really shine. Right now, you can purchase the 2008 Proof Silver US Mint Quarters Set from Silver.com good condition.
- Five-quarter set from the US Mint’s State Quarters Program!
- Limited-issue proof finish on each coin!
- Minted in 90% silver!
- Face value of $0.25 granted by the United States government.
- State quarters included in the set: Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.
All of the quarters in this set were minted in 90% silver in 2008 with a proof finish. The proof finish provides the coins a mirrorlike appearance that is unmistakable. The silver content of these quarters makes them more valuable than their circulation counterparts.
The Statehood quarters series features designs that highlight the characteristics that make each state unique. The US Mint launched this series in 1999, with it concluding with these five coins in 2008, ending the 10-year run of these quarters. The Statehood quarters were released in the order in which the state was ratified or entered the Union, and this set includes Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Alaska, and Hawaii.
From the obverse, these quarters all look the same. The familiar bust of President George Washington is struck on each coin. However, the reverse designs are all different and themed around the state. A few common inscriptions include the name of the state, year it became a state, and the year of the coin’s release.
The reverse images are:
- Oklahoma: A Scissortail Flycatcher gliding over a patch of Indian Blanket wildflowers, both of which are state symbols.
- New Mexico: An outline of the state with the Zia sun symbol.
- Arizona: The Grand Canyon and Saguaro cactus on a desert scene.
- Alaska: A grizzly holds a salmon in its jaws.
- Hawaii: King Kamehameha I with a map of the islands.
Each of these coin sets are used, but the coins will be in good condition. These sets ship in plastic holders. The plastic holder may show signs of wear and tear. The shipping sleeve and Certificate of Authenticity may or may not come with your set. Any packaging that does arrive may show signs of age or wear.
Please feel free to reach out to our customer service team with any questions you may have. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us online, or email us.