Accustomed to garnering intense demand among the four Proof Gold Eagle options, the 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coin had the lowest mintage figure in 2008 among the coins and fell to its lowest mark ever to this point in its availability. Only the 1/10 oz coin fell further in demand in 2008 than the 1/4 oz. the 2008 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coin is currently available to you for purchase online at Silver.com with a perfect certification.
- Coins ship to you housed inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the NGC!
- 21st available release of the 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle!
- Availability limited within the original 18,877-coin mintage!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Issued a face value of $10 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of PF70 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM designation.
- The obverse side of the coins includes the image of Lady Liberty.
- On the reverse face of the coins is the collection of American bald eagles.
- Features “W” mint marks.
The 2008 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle had the lowest mintage figure among the four coins in the collection. From its 1988 introduction until 2005, the 1/4 oz coin had the second-highest mintage in every year but two. Though its fall to the bottom of the heap in 2008 would not last, the 1/4 oz coin never reemerged as the second choice behind the 1/10 oz coin.
Mintage of the 2008 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coins fell a total of 27,312 coins from the previous issue. This was the second-largest drop in 2008 behind only the 1/10 oz coin, and the 1/4 oz Proof Gold Eagles would remain behind the 1/10 oz and 1 oz gold coins for the foreseeable future.
On the obverse of the 2008 1/4 oz Proof Gold Eagles is the image of Lady Liberty. Designed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, it appeared on the $20 Gold Double Eagle from 1907 to 1933. The reverse side of the 2008 Proof Gold American Eagle coins is the image of American bald eagles created by Miley Busiek in 1986.
These 2008 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins have PF70 certifications from the NGC. Coins in this condition have full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws. Coins designated ultra-cameo have strong, frosted design sets contrasting deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
We encourage Silver.com customers to contact us with questions at 888-989-7223. You can also reach out to us online through our live chat and email features.