The Gold American Eagle coins are the official gold bullion products of the United States. Introduced in 1986, these popular bullion and proof gold coins are a must-have product for most investors and collectors with each new release. Right now, the 2009 1 oz Gold American Eagle Coin is available to purchase online at Silver.com with PCGS certification!
- Ships to you in a protective plastic capsule courtesy of the PCGS.
- 24th release of Gold American Eagle bullion coins!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike designation.
- Lady Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens on the obverse.
- Family of bald eagles on the reverse from Miley Busiek.
Each of the 2009 1 oz Gold American Eagle coins in this listing is in near-perfect condition according to the PCGS. Coins with an MS69 grade have full, original mint luster and a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. These flaws are limited to minuscule hairlines or contact marks found outside the primary focal areas.
The First Strike designation is reserved for coins that have arrived at the PCGS, or an approved third-party depository, within the first 30 days of the release date set for 2009 Gold American Eagle coins.
On the obverse of all 2009 1 oz Gold American Eagle Coins you’ll find the image of Liberty as created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens. Regarded as the most beautiful Gold American coin design of all time, this originally appeared on the $20 Gold Double Eagle from 1907 to 1933.
The reverse of Gold American Eagle coins includes the image of a family of bald eagles in their nest. Created in 1986 by Miley Busiek specifically for the Gold Eagle, it depicts a male eagle flying over the nest which contains a group of hatchlings under the watchful eye of a female eagle.
Gold prices in 2009 skyrocketed amidst the Great Recession. The price of gold per ounce rose from $874.50 at the start of the year to $1,087.50 by the end of the year, even reaching a then-all-time high of $1,212.50 in early December.
If you have any questions about these certified coins, please don’t hesitate to ask Silver.com associates. You can reach our customer service team on the phone at 888-989-7223, connect with us online through our live web chat, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.