In 2009, the United States Mint reissued the $20 Gold Double Eagle for the first time since 1933, this time as a commemorative gold coin with One Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold content. More impressively, the reissue of the coin featured an ultra-high-relief strike of the design elements. Today, perfect condition 2009 1 oz Ultra High Relief Gold Double Eagles are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS or NGC!
- Commemorative issue of the $20 Gold Double Eagle!
- Ultra-high-relief specimen!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- The face value of $20 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Lady Liberty features on the obverse of the coin.
- An American bald eagle is found on the reverse of the coin.
- Please remember additional labels are possible and you could get matching labels when buying several coins.
The $20 Gold Double Eagles were introduced by the United States Mint in 1848, but in 1907 the series gained what is considered to be its most beautiful design. Augustus Saint-Gaudens was commissioned by President Theodore Roosevelt in 1905 to create a new design of Liberty for the United States Mint. Saint-Gaudens originally intended to be presented in high relief, the US Mint could not achieve that with regularity in 1907. The 2009 reissue of a commemorative version of the coin brought the design to life as Saint-Gaudens intended a century earlier.
All of the 2009 1 oz Ultra High Relief Gold Double Eagles in this product listing are available in perfect condition. Coins with a Mint State 70 grade have full, original mint luster and present with no detracting flaws of any kind.
This Silver.com listing includes varied additional labels and an MS70 grade from either the PCGS or NGC. We do not guarantee which grading house certified the coin you receive, nor do we guarantee the presence of additional labels. All items are picked at random after your payment has been processed and you could get matching labels when buying several coins.
Lady Liberty is depicted on the obverse of the 2009 1 oz Ultra High Relief Gold Double Eagle. This depiction shows Liberty striding forward away from Washington D.C. with the US Capitol Building at her feet, rays of sunshine behind her, and a ring of 50 stars around the design field. Liberty walks along with a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left.
An American bald eagle is found in the reverse design of the 2009 Ultra High Relief Gold Double Eagles. As the eagle glides through the air, its wings are stretched behind its figure and its head is held up high. The sun rises at the bottom edge of the field and extends its rays to the edges of the design element.
Please feel free to contact Silver.com with any questions about gold for sale. Our team is available at 888-989-7223, via our live chat, and at our email address.