102 years after Augustus Saint-Gaudens developed his Lady Liberty design in 1907, the United States Mint struck his design as it was originally intended. The 2009 Ultra High Relief Gold Double Eagle Coin was a brilliant release from the US Mint and one of the first-ever 24-karat gold coins from the United States. Right now, 2009 1 oz Ultra High Relief Gold Double Eagles in near-perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you in a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS!
- One-time issue in 2009 only!
- Ultra-high-relief strike!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of $20 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- The obverse depicts Lady Liberty in front-facing relief.
- On the reverse is an American bald eagle soaring over the sun.
- Edge inscriptions!
- Please keep in mind that various labels are possible with these coins and that all specimens could match when buying multiples.
Each of the 2009 1 oz Ultra High Relief Gold Double Eagles in this product listing comes with a near-perfect certification. A Mint State 69 coin exhibits full, original mint luster and no more than two minor detracting flaws. Examples of acceptable flaws at this level include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines and must be located outside of the primary fields of the coin.
The 2009 Ultra High Relief Gold Double Eagle features one of the first edge inscriptions in the history of the United States Mint. The edge of the coins has the motto “E Pluribus Unum” etched on its surface with each letter separated by a star. These coins are all ultra-high-relief strikes with deep visual fields and enhanced, 3D design elements. Additionally, these coins were one of the first 24-karat gold coins ever struck by the United States Mint.
The obverse face of 2009 1 oz Ultra High Relief Gold Double Eagles includes the historic Liberty design from Augustus Saint-Gaudens. The image features Liberty walking toward the viewer with a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. A ring of 50 stars encircles the design field with a sun behind the figure of Liberty and rays of sunshine framing her body.
On the reverse side of 2009 Ultra High Relief Gold Double Eagles is an image of the American bald eagle in flight. The bald eagle is gliding through the sky with its wings flapped at its side as the sun rises to greet a new day. Rays of sunshine extend to the borders of the design field around the eagle.
If you have any questions about gold for sale, please don’t hesitate to ask. Silver.com customer service is available to assist you with questions at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and via our email address.