Burnished Silver Eagle coins from the United States Mint offer a unique collectible option for fans of the Silver Eagle. Alongside the Proof Silver Eagle, the burnished coin attracts the eye of collectors with a distinct visual appeal and the same quality design elements found on the bullion and proof versions. Right now, 2011-W 1 oz Burnished Silver American Eagle Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Ships to you housed in a protective slab by the NGC!
- Fourth coin released by the United States Mint in the Burnished Silver Eagle Series!
- Mintage limited to 409,766 coins only in 2011!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Obverse features the image of Walking Liberty.
- Reverse side includes the heraldic eagle of the United States.
- The “W” mint mark of the West Point Mint is featured as well.
Each 2011-W 1 oz Burnished Silver American Eagle coin in this listing is available to you in perfect condition. The NGC issues a Mint State 70 grade to coins that exhibit full, original mint luster and a lack of detracting flaws.
The Burnished Silver Eagle was first offered in 2006 with mintage figures roughly half that of the other collectible option, the Proof Silver Eagle. Burnished Silver Eagles were available in 2007 and 2008 before a two-year hiatus in 2009 and 2010 as the US Mint focused its silver blanks on meeting demand for the bullion coins.
2011-W 1 oz Burnished Silver Eagle coins had the highest mintage figure available since their return from the two-year hiatus, as most burnished coins since then have fallen below 250,000 annually. In addition to these W-Burnished Silver Eagles, the US Mint struck 99,882 S-Burnished Silver Eagles in 2011 as part of a 25th-anniversary set.
On the obverse of the 2011-W 1 oz Burnished Silver American Eagle is Walking Liberty. This image reflects the desire of America to seek a brighter future as Liberty walks toward the setting sun on the horizon.
The reverse of the 2011 Burnished Silver American Eagle coin features the heraldic eagle of the United States. This seal includes a bald eagle behind the national shield. It clutches arrows in one talon and an olive branch in the other, with a constellation of 13 stars above its head representing the original American colonies.
If you have any questions when buying silver, contact Silver.com customer service. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.