From 2007 to 2020, the U.S. Mint issued the First Spouse Gold Coin Program commemorating each first lady in our history. The 23rd issue was devoted to Caroline Harrison, the wife of Benjamin Harrison. Harrison had an artistic mind, she used her painting skills to design formal presidential china, which can still be seen today. She was also an early fighter for women’s equality through the Daughters of the American Revolution. Harrison perfectly embodied what it meant to be a first lady. Today, you can honor her legacy by purchasing 2012-W 1/2 oz Gold US Mint First Spouse Caroline Harrison Coins at Silver.com.
- Coins ship to you in PCGS or NGC protective plastic slabs!
- 23rd release in the First Spouse Gold Coin program, issued in 2012!
- Mintage limited to 13,000 coins worldwide!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- Face value of $10 backed by the American federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- A portrait of Caroline Harrison is featured on the obverse
- Depicted on the reverse is a pair of paintbrushes with an orchid.
- Please note you could get coins with matching labels when you buy multiples.
2012-W Gold US Mint First Spouse Caroline Harrison Coins are perfect specimens. All of which are graded Mint State 70. These coins have full, original mint luster and no detractions of any kind. Please note that Silver.com offers these coins to you at random. All coins will have an MS70 grade, however, we cannot guarantee the presence of any additional labels nor if the NGC or PCGS issued the MS70 grade for the coin you receive. If you buy multiples, please remember you could get matching labels.
Along with being a talented artist, Caroline Harrison also stood for women’s equality while serving as the first lady of the United States of America. Serving as the first head of the Daughters of the American Revolution, which reached approximately 180,000 members by the late 20th century. This coin symbolizing Harrison and her legacy is all possible thanks to the United States Mint which started the First Spouse Gold Coin Program in 2007 due to the Presidential One Dollar Coin Act of 2005
2012-W 1/2 oz US Mint First Spouse Caroline Harrison Coins bear a portrait of former first lady Caroline Harrison looking to her left. The bottom of the obverse shows when she was in office, 1889-1892, along with 23rd as she was the first lady to Benjamin Harrison, 23rd President of the United States. The West Point Mint’s W mint mark can also be seen along with the issue date of 2012. Other inscriptions read In God We Trust, Liberty, Caroline Harrison.
The reverse of 2012-W 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse Caroline Harrison Coins features an image of an orchid alongside a pair of paintbrushes. This image is surrounded by all of the coin’s information such as its $10 face value, 1/2 oz weight, and .9999 fine gold. Other inscriptions read United States of America, E Pluribus Unum.
For more information when buying gold connect with customer service at Silver.com. Call us at 888-989-7223, send us an e-mail inquiry, or talk to a team member at our online live chat.