Silver American Eagle coins are the most popular silver bullion products in the world. Investors and collectors covet these coins for their impressive design and incredible value. The Proof Silver American Eagle has a unique finish that increases the demand for these coins among collectors, including this 2012-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle NGC PF70 UCAM from Silver.com
- Issued a perfect PF70 grade from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Given a UCAM designation from the NGC.
- Minted with 1 ounce of .999 pure silver.
- Face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- “W” mint mark signifies the coin was struck at the West Point Mint.
- Ships inside an NGC-provided plastic slab for protection.
- Out of 877,731 W Proof Silver Eagles minted in 2012, only 18,132 have been graded as PF70 UCAM by NGC.
These 2012-W Silver American Eagles have earned a perfect PF70 grade from the NGC, indicating that each proof has its original luster and no detracting marks. The UCAM, or ultra-cameo, designation is used for coins with a strong, frosted design set against a deeply mirrored, clear background field.
On the obverse side of each Silver American Eagle proof is the image of Walking Liberty. First used on the Walking Liberty Half Dollar between 1916 and 1947, Adolph A. Weinman’s creation represents the nation’s constant march towards a brighter future. Important engravings on this side include coin’s year of minting.
The reverse image on the proof coin represents the nation’s official emblem, the bald eagle. John Mercanti’s heraldic eagle is set behind a shield, clutching arrows in one talon and an olive branch in the other. The coin’s weight, purity, metal content, and face value are engraved on this side of the coin.
We encourage all Silver.com customers to ask questions about our product listings. If you have any questions, a Silver.com associate can help. You can reach us at 888-989-7223, connect with us through our live chat, or send us an email.